Thursday 13 February 2014

Pie & Vinyl: It's a pie shop.. it's a record shop.. It's a coffee shop.... It's all !

After a bit of googling, few friends and I decided to visit Pie and Vinyl, as it was close to our class. altho I was very sceptical about this place online, I was shocked upon my arrival. Starting with the place, its a cosy record shop integrated in a victorian style pie shop. 

Cool different decor for a pie shop, just like your grandmother's living room !
Cool hip staff greet you to your wooden tables. They are very helpful and invite you to take a look at their old and new records, and buy one.. about the food. Meal deal for £6.95 comes with a pie of your choice, gravy, creamy mash, and mushy peas. I went for MOO and Blue which was british steak and Stilton cheese.

Good size not too big like other pie shops, and an over average test, although I have to try other pies as well.
Overall the pie tasted great although stilton was a bit over powering. The Mushy peas and creamy mash were bet bland, however gravy did taste home made and good. overall I would rate the pie 7/10. there were other pies to try for example double cheeseburger pie ! this is pretty much my order next time I go there.

Cool pots, and great non alcoholic drinks menu for amazing price

The drinks menu was a bit interesting. you could have your drinks cold /hot /fizzy for I believe £1.75 in a pretty looking shape pots!. I recommend the Elderflower and apple, cold and fizzy. Overall the place has great atmosphere and is highly recommended for a casual dining with friends.

you can find Pie & Vinyl at:

61 Castle Road, Southsea, PO5 3AY
Tel: 02392 753914

No comments:

Post a Comment